Search This Blog

Monday 31 October 2011

Dont U read Newspaper?

Today is a rainy day, i finally went to nottinghill market. It is a quite nice peace and busy town. All buildings are so different as i saw before. They looks very cute and a kind of countryside style. But it is sunday, most of shops are closed and i only entred some clothes shops and british souvenir shops.

Once i looked around in front of one souvenir shop, the saler said,"arigatou"(thank you in japanese ). I said:"No, im not from Japan." then he said thank you again but in korean, i smilled to him and said:"ah, im not from korean neither, i am from  CHINA."

The saler quicklly said thankyou in Chinese, and turned around his head to speak to another customer in a kind of strange language for me, maybe european language.
That lady also expressed a kind of odd and stared at the saler.

The saler finally used English to say, "China is your friend! You are Greece, she is from China!" I became much incomprehensio as the lady.

"China gave Greece a lot of money! She is your friend!"

I finally understand what his mean, and just smiled at him. But the lady still did not understand what he talked about.

The saler spoke to the lady in a quite loud voice,"don't you read newspaper?"

This sentence shocks my heart, at least make me feel very shame. I read that news from BBC online, but i dont read newspaper at all.

I am a journalist student, a master student, but compare to the saler i feel very shame. Also newspaper is such a huge market in Britain which i did not know before i came here.

In China, we read newspaper but not caring about international news. Or it should be said that our newspaper does not write much about international stories. We read them almost from online and TV if the story is a big news.

To be honest,  i dislike reading newspaper. Not because i hate it, but i do not have the hobby to read words, i only like watching Tv or looking some pictures. I should change my mind, if i really want to be a journalist. But in fact, i am not willing to become a journalist, so why i am here? I feel so missing.





No comments:

Post a Comment